Friday, August 17, 2018

Cold sauce with herring and boiled new potatoes

In Estonian

I have decided to share with you recipe from my childhood. This food was made in our home often in summer time. This dish was always prepared by my Dad, who brought this recipe from his home. 
In one word the recipe creator is my grandmother who lived in Virumaa- they had small farm there.

So actually  I do not have ingredient amounts to share- all ingredients were added by the taste 😊

Ingredients:
Herring, what is soaked in a slightly  sour vinegar solution (for this dilute vinegar (concentration 30%) with water). Soaking time ca 10 minutes.
Tomatoes
Dill
Spring onion or chives
Sour cream
Kefir or sour milk
Salt if needed

Chop all ingredients, what needed and mix together.
Put ready sauce to refridgerator for 30 minutes until the sauce is cold and all tastes are strongly expressed. 
Serve with boiled new potatoes. I also added some drops of parsley oil to get more colourful result.

As you see, you can serve also simple food in fancy way 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment