Monday, January 8, 2018

Osso bucco

In Estonian

Jamie Oliver, Osso Buco and the slow cooker.
What connects these three?
The answer is simple - Sunday dinner 😀
I took the Osso Buco's recipe from Jamie Oliver's page https://www.jamieoliver.com/…/member-rec…/recipe-detail/995/ , tuned some tastes and used a slow cooker instead of oven.
I put double amount of garlic. I added also some amount of brown unrefined sugar and big handful of capparis to the sauce.
It cooked in slow cooker for 6 hours. The result was a amazingly tasty dish.
I served it with mashed carrots and potatoes. I boiled the potatoes and carrots together until these were soft. The carrot pieces in mash are stronger and bigger than potatoes, which give to mash interesting consistency. Also pleasantly sweet flavor comes from carrots. After mashing carrots and potatoes, I added 35% whipping cream for taste and consistency.




No comments:

Post a Comment